Friday, January 15, 2010

Love Bug


Valentine's Day is coming up soon so I thought I would share one of the cards we recently made. When surfing the Internet the other day, I read that The Greeting Card Association estimated that 1 billion Valentine cards are sent every year world wide. It is thought to be the second most popular card sending holiday, right after Christmas. Therefore, when Operation Write Home announced that they were starting to collect Valentine's Day cards, Robin and I immediately started. We bought all different red and pink papers, new stamps and embellishments. 

On a recent trip to A.C. Moore I purchased these ladybug 3D stickers from Jolee's Boutique. They were different shades of pink and red, perfect for Valentine's day. I also loved the small jewel eyes and the wire antennae that protruded from their small, delicate heads. When I got home from the store, I decided to design some Valentine's day cards based on these ladybug stickers. The ladybug was mounted on a Clever Lever (blue) scalloped circle. I used a pearl pink paper for this, which really seemed to work well with the colors in the sticker. The whole thing is then mounted on a white circle created from the Extra Giga Clever Lever punch. A small piece of white ribbon was used on the bottom to add a little texture to the card. Finally, the sentiment comes from the Inkadinkado - Heartful of Love clear stamp set. 

Robin and I have made many Valentine's Day cards over the past 6 weeks or so for Operation Write Home and I hope to share them with everyone soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment