Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hey There Cupcake


As I have mentioned before, I really like to work with small stamps. The cupcake in the card above is one of those smaller stamps that I work with frequently. It comes form the Stampendous 'Hey There Cupcake' Clear Stamp set. While there are many "cupcake" stamp sets on the market, I really like this one because there are so many different ways it can be used. Instead of a regular stamp set that comes with pre-formed cupcakes, this set includes six different cupcake tops and six different bottoms, which can be mixed and matched to your liking. It also comes with adorable toppings for your cupcakes, such as a cherry, sprinkles or candles. Finally, the set includes  sentiments that can be put together to form a phrase. I really like how small the sentiments are; as you can see from the card above they are very delicate and not overwhelming. 

For this card, I chose a cupcake top and bottom that I liked. I stamped both on white paper and then proceeded to color them. The bottom was colored with different shades of brown colored pencils. The top was colored using Pebbles Inc. chalk. I find that these chalks give you a really nice, almost fluffy look, which was perfect for the cupcake. The cupcake was mounted on a purple scalloped square and then placed on a lavender and white strip of paper from one of our Die Cuts With a View Mat Stacks. Finally, the sentiment was stamped with an Archival Ink Pad in Jet Black. It was mounted on the same papers as the cupcake. Both pieces were then placed on a purple card. Although it is a lot of purple, I really like the finished product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment