Good evening! First of all, I want to apologize for not posting anything since last week! When I started this blog I made a decision that no matter what was going on in my life I would continue to update at least every couple of days. Yet, with the stress and confusion that always comes with the first week of a new semester at school, I did exactly what I promised myself I would not do: put the blog on the back burner.
It is the beginning of the second week of classes and things still feel quite foreign. Usually the semester starts off quite lightly, yet this past weekend I had a fair amount of work. Luckily, Sunday afternoon I did get an hour or so to make a few cards, which was incredibly relaxing. I am hoping that as the semester progresses, I can use the blog as a way to spend 10 or 15 minutes a couple days per week away from the stress of school. Therefore, I am as determined as ever to keep this going!
Before school started I selected some cards that I wanted to display on the blog. If you have read some of the previous posts, you probably will not be surprised that I chose this card. The hummingbird stamp is quite delicate and perfect for coloring. It comes from the Inkadinkado Inchies- Butterflies and Birds stamp set. I colored the bird and flowers with various Copic markers. I then used Pebbles light blue chalk to color the border of the stamp. The chalk makes it easy to add a little bit of color without it being too dark. I think it looks like the sky which is a nice touch for a stamp of a bird. The blue and green squares were created using the Clever Lever punches. The stamp was then placed on a piece of purple and white paper from a Mat Stacks set. I actually designed this card with the back (solid purple) paper in mind. I had just received my first set of Core'dinations paper and wanted to try to make a card with it. The papers we got were all solid colors and had a little bit of texture to them. The cool thing is that when you tear them, the inner core comes through. The piece I selected for this card was dark purple on the outside with a light purple core. I thought the colors went nicely with the purple flowers in the stamped image. Using a paper cutter, I created a strip of the dark purple paper that was slightly wider than I wanted it to be. Tearing the edges of the strip exposed the lighter color. I had trouble tearing the paper evenly, so that the lighter purple was even all around. The sentiment was printed on my computer and then backed with the same Core'dinations purple paper. Despite the fact that I had some trouble with the new paper, the final product came out quite nicely!