Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Inchie Crazy



Most people who know me well know that I love small things. I prefer donut holes to larger donuts, sliders over regular burgers etc. So it should be no surprise that I absolutely fell in love with Inchie stamps when I first learned about them this past summer. I remember that Robin actually found these wonderful stamps on-line very late one night. Before leaving for work the next morning, she woke me up, and said that I should check them out- she had a feeling that I was going to LOVE them. And I did. I spent most of that day searching the internet, trying to find out where to buy the tiles and stamps and how best to use them on greeting cards.

 

This was the start of my obsession with Inchie stamps. I’m sure you will see many cards on this website using an Inchie stamp or tile in the future.  I made this card before purchasing any official Inchie stamps or products. Therefore, I used the yellow, one inch Clever Lever punch to create four white squares. To start, I taped the white squares down to my table using removable double-sided tape so that they would not move when I stamped them. I used my favorite ink pad- the Archival Ink Pad Jet Black to stamp the image of the sunflower over the white squares. I then colored the image using Copic markers. Finally, the squares were mounted on solid brown paper and then on a paper with a gorgeous gold stripe. The gold sentiment at the bottom came from Ecstacy Crafts.

 

While this is not the typical Inchie card that we make, at the time, I did not own any stamps that would fit within the one inch white tiles, so I had to compromise. Today, I seek out different Inchie stamps, especially the Itty Bitty’s from Lockhart Stamp CompanyThese stamps are just too cute! I am sure we will post some cards made with traditional Inchie stamps in the future, so keep your eyes out for them. I hope you are inspired by this awesome technique as much as I was when I first saw it many months ago. 

1 comment: