Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thank You


Looking back over the cards we have made for Operation Write Home, I have to say that Robin and I have become much more sophisticated in our card making. Perhaps this is because PTI offers very CAS and sophisticated products or perhaps our technique has just improved. I think this card is a fabulous example of this. I got the idea for this card from Nichole Heady, the head of PTI.  I absolutely love her style! She is really an inspiration. 

I LOVE the look of the white embossed background on this card. I think its wonderfully subtle and sophisticated. It is something I never would have thought of trying, but Nichole showed how professional it can make a card look. I ran an impression folder (argyle) through the Cuttlebug and then attached it to a white card base. I then used the new gorgeous Mat Stack 1 stamp set. The sentiment is stamped on a die cut double banner, which is also from PTI :) As a final touch, I added a Scarlet Jewel button to each side of the sentiment. I really think is an elegant card. For me, it proves that often in card making, less is more!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the white embossed background with the mat stack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful!!!! You are right........sometimes less is more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love the CAS look.

    ReplyDelete