Sunday, March 6, 2011

Something Old


Good Morning-

Sometimes I find myself sifting through photos of old cards we have made in the past two years. Its so funny how inspired you can be from your own work. iphoto stores the card photos in the order in which they were updated. I admit that we have come a long way; those early cards were made with very few materials and very basic techniques.

This is one of those old cards that I found. I believe I made this card last spring. I have always loved the combination of brown and pink. I really like how the geometric shapes pull this card together. Each circle has some type of embellishment. The upper right corner has a punched Martha Stewart butterfly. Finally, a sentiment from Hero arts finishes off the card. I hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. An oldie but a goodie. I love each crafty little window. What a gorgeous work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your peek into the past! I think it's a beautiful card.....but, I'm partial to pink and brown, too! ;-) Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh brown and pink my favs! I love your play on the shapes. I think it's hard to incorporate circles & squares in mass and make them work together. You did a nice job. I did a challenge last year where you had to revamp a card from the past. It's funny how much better you get with time! (here's a link to the challenge if you want to look)http://mamareebs-toastandjelly.blogspot.com/2010/03/pals-challenge-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. I often cringe when I go back and look at my old cards but I certainly wouldn't with this. it has a very timeless look.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete