Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ladybugs


I vividly remember the moment I received the dreaded e-mail about our lovely local stamp store Scraptasia. The first thing I noticed was the subject on my phone- "Sad News from Scraptasia" I knew right then and there that this amazing store would be closing its doors. The e-mail detailed the store's closing, and the sale to empty the store before closing. On their final day, Scraptasia had a grab bag, where people could stuff a shopping bag with any goodies left in the store for $20.00. After dropping my grandmother off at the airport, Robin and I rushed over to pick up supplies and say our goodbyes. While I always loved the stamps in Scraptasia, Robin seemed to love the various patterned papers. She stocked up on a wide variety of patterned and solid papers this final Saturday morning. As sad as the store's closing was, I do feel good that we are using the products we got for a good cause!

Robin made this card. I really love the patterned paper she used, which came from the sale at Scraptasia. The colors on this paper are fabulous- so bright and cheery! I also really like the way she matched the colors in the patterned paper with the circles around the sentiment. With all of this cold weather and snow, its fun to use light colors and think about spring.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. It's so sad to see our favorite crafty stores closing. Mine closed too. I love the ladybug paper, and the sentiment is perfect for your post.

    ReplyDelete