Saturday, February 13, 2010

Stars and Stripes



We made this card for sketch#3 on Operation Write Home's new blog. It was really simple to make yet we thought it would be perfect for the heroes. The background of the card is a blue piece of paper with small white stars. This piece of paper was quite interesting, as it started off on one edge as light blue and gradually got darker and darker. Recently, Robin purchased two Clever Lever star punches so I though I would use them on the card. The larger stars are punched out of navy paper and the smaller ones are punched out of white. The white stars were attached to the navy stars with 3D pop dots so they stick up. I used a small heart button in the middle of the card. I really wanted to get some red onto the card so this seemed like a great way to do so. Finally, I stamped the sentiment on a piece of white card stock and punched it out using a circle Clever Lever Punch. I used a navy pen to do some faux stitching around the white strip on the bottom as well as the circle. I am not very good with the stitching, but with each card the lines seem to get straighter! Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment